The Wellness Theory – Using Cannabis for Health, Not Intoxication
The vast majority of consumers use medicinal cannabis as a wellness aid, to enhance the things that are most important in their lives– not as an intoxicant, to escape from life. These uses certainly include the treatment of serious illnesses like cancer and epilepsy, and the chronic diseases of modern life like insomnia and anxiety and depression, and preventing Alzheimer’s and alleviating chronic pain.
But using cannabis for health provides many other less obvious wellness benefits—like extending patience, promoting gentleness and forgiveness, inspiring creativity, improving the appetite and enjoyment of food, making jokes funnier and sex more satisfying, enhancing our sense of play and wonder, and countless other ways of making us both healthier and happier. These too are all legitimate wellness uses for cannabis.
- Flip the Switch
- Commonly Overlooked Wellness Benefits of Cannabis
- Smoking Cannabis Does Not Cause Cancer of Lung or Upper Airways, Tashkin Finds; Data Suggest Possible Protective Effect
- Marijuana Can Help Prevent Suicide, Study Suggests
- Marijuana / Cannabis Use In Pregnancy – Dr. Melanie Dreher
- Marijuana-Like Compounds Fight AIDS, Study Finds
- The Science Behind Cannabis and Creativity
- Cannabis and Creativity
- I’m a Parent Who Smokes Pot
- Stop taking questionable fish oil supplements – Use hemp seed oil instead